Thursday 13 June 2013

Patterns

My eyes are always open for interesting textures and patterns and wherever we go I take plenty of photographs that infiltrate my textile work in some guise or another.


I like the view through these holes and the way the shadows fall to create more shapes.






I took this one because I love to record shapes and colours from our beaches and the trails of rust give added interest and potential for development in embroidery.




These windows were in the Sagrada Familia cathedral in Barcelona and are waiting for their moment to appear in a textile piece.

I enjoyed playing in Photoshop to make this numbers and letters pattern and they may well become a Thermofax screen.


Another play in Photoshop and another potential Thermofax.



Machinery at Bletchley Park provides more food for thought.