Wednesday 1 May 2013

May -- studio visit

This month we can all stay home -- your challenge is to take some photos of your studio and show us what you keep there for inspiration or comfort or pleasure.

Here's what I have.  None of it formally displayed, just pinned up in odd corners where I can see and love it.

A tiny quilt (about 8 x 8 inches) by Terry Jarrard-Dimond, hung right above my sewing machine table so it's always in my vision.

A mola that Terry gave me, to commemorate my cruise through the Panama Canal (the guys are waving Panamanian flags).

On the wall, a sheer piece by Rosemary Claus-Gray, and above it, a big fly made from plastic circuit boards by my son Matthew.

Two clay ornaments that I gave to my mother many years ago (she loved birds) and took back after she died.

On the design wall, a small piece by Carol Larson that I bought several years ago as a fundraiser after 9/11.

On a lamp over my sewing machine (which I never use, else the rose would probably burn up...) a rose from a Valentine's bouquet from my husband, and a button from the collection of the late great fiber artist Alma Lesch.

And finally, a colonial Minuteman, a woodburning project from my husband's junior high school wood shop.