Tuesday 21 May 2013

Inspiration in my Studio

I have just about turned our whole house into my studio (ask my husband!) so rather than photogrpah every room in the place I gathered a few of my special things together in my workroom.


You can probably detect a slight preponderance towards turquoise and the sea, I'm sure I don't know how that happened ;-)  I have recently reorganised my workspace to free up the shelf in front of my sketch and inspiration books so that I have room to take the books out and look back on previous projects or find inspiration for new directions.  I am surprised to see that I have amassed quite a lot of these books which are a collection of scribbles, ideas, cuttings, samples, allsorts!

The very beautiful work in the background is a piece of work I have just bought from Dionne Swift in her online sale.  It is entitled 'Blue Arc' and I was irresistably drawn to it as it reminded me of the beautiful harbour and bays in St Ives.  The influence of St Ives is felt again in the textile art made for me by Carolyn Saxby, another very talented artist in St Ives.  Carolyn's work is a constant source of inspiration and I am delighted that we have become friends too. 

I think I must have been a mermaid in a former life as my head is full of the sea!