Saturday 4 May 2013

in amidst the clutter

Here are some photos of some of the bright sparks amongst the clutter of my studio. Very poor photos, sorry.

A quilt I got in a swap made by Jan Thompson. She called it Butterfly Bits - being made from left over bits from a butterfly quilt. But I think it looks like sweets, lollies and sweetie papers!

2 prints I picked up at a charity shop because I like historical costume.
Not sure who this is by, it looks like Vermeer, but I can't find it on Google.

Hans Holbein the Younger - The Ambassadors 1533

A little quiltlet by Dijanne Cevaal which I bought when I had a little money.

badges from Houston which bring back memories of the 2 years I was a Bernina Designer (before they stopped doing it).

A couple of my inspiration cupboard doors.

This one has dragonish inspiration - several from items in the British Museum.
Plus a few other bits I keep in view so I can find remember them!

Oh, both cupboard views have a photo sent to me by Linda M because I found an ogre in it when she posted it on her blog. And one of these days I will do a story piece about the ogre-under-the-water and the shining castle in the background (actually Linda insists they are silos!)