Tuesday 8 June 2010

Turquoise seas

I am another new member.  I live in Seal Beach CA and have been admiring Sandy's work since I first saw her Queen Elizabeth I Journal Quilts at the Chicago Quilt Festival.  I am doing my City and Guilds Patchwork Certificate with the Kemshalls by distance learning.

These two photographs were taken in Fiji last year.  The first one was taken on an aerial flight in a 4-seater plane (my first trip on such a small plane) going across the main island from Nadi to Paradise Cove, which is on the same side of the island as Suva, the capital.  In the right light the ocean was really turquoise, enhanced by the reefs.

The second picture was taken from the boat dock of the resort we were staying at called Royal Davui---a 6 acre island in the Bequia Lagoon.  As soon as one brought out stale bread from the kitchen, the small fish went crazy.  The water was a clear turquoise blue and so clear that one could photograph the fish.