Wednesday 31 March 2010

Featuring - Thru Linda's Eyes

As I said in January, I am including a featured blog sort of post every month that has 31 days....... so as to keep the regular posts to the 1st and 15th of the month.

So, today I am featuring a blog with daily photos which are very inspiring. American Quilt Artist, Linda McLaughlin has a blog called Thru Linda's Eyes.

As Linda says,
"This blog was inspired by Jane Dunnewold's blog Daily Visuals, and my goal is to post a picture a day. This blog is also dedicated to my Mom who passed away five years ago today (Nov.30). When I received my first camera about fifty years ago, I was reprimanded because I took a whole roll of film of "nothing" and it cost too much to get it developed. Well I'm still taking pictures of nothing, it doesn't cost anything to develop them now and I'm going to share them with you."

Some of Linda's photos make you wish you lived in her neighbourhood and could see and be inspired by the same things! But on the other hand, it also makes you have a think about having another look at what you do see in your own neighbourhood.

Linda also has a website where you can see some of the textile art she has created. She makes her work and teaches classes in her charmingly named studio.
Studio B