Saturday 2 March 2013

weaving ... not so much

Lately, there hasn't been much weaving.  The looms have been folded and pushed against the wall with boxes piled on top.  We had the foundation of our house leveled ... again ... and then new flooring needed to be done and, although I can't do a complete demolition of the old kitchen yet, I decided not to live with the old cabinet knobs and drawer pulls a moment longer. 



The texture photo is the third layer of latex based cement used to smooth out the floor. Isn't it incredible looking!  Stunk to high heaven, though. After this, much sanding was done.  I think I washed the dust off the paneling three times last month.  Then after the resilient flooring was finished, oiled everything and the kitchen cabinets. 


After spending that much time working on these ancient cabinets and the dated hardware, I went looking for something ... different, something more me and I found woven hardware!  Perfect.  I hope you can click on the photo to see the woven detail.  I love them.  They inspire me to finish unpacking boxes and get back to my life as a weaver. 

Diane