Saturday 30 June 2012

Summer

As you may have noticed, I never did get a new prompt set for the second half of June!
So, for the whole of July, I thought it would be a good idea to post images of things that say Summer to you. If you come across ideas throughout the month, you can always stick another photo up. Perhaps it will encourage those of us who are only just now getting some sun, but holding breath in case it only lasts a few days!

Anyway, here is a photo of some of the lovely summer roses in our front garden.

This was a planned selection I made when my husband decided the patch of grass there wasn't worth mowing. I started with the deep brick red rose which is called Chocolate. There is a deeper yellow over on the left. I am still looking for one that has a mixture of peachyorangeyellow like one we had sometime back at our old house. I enjoy making things, but actually planning a garden bed is sometimes just as much of a creative effort as sewing or crafting.

So, what says Summer to you? Tell us about it!

The label to use will be summer.