Thursday 8 March 2012

Dark/Light

I used to take loads of photos of sunsets etc. but it must have been in the days before digital as when I looked through my albums I had very few.

These were taken when I went to New Zealand in 2008.  My sister and I had a magical couple of days at a place called Hahei on the Coromandel Peninsula.  I had not been to that part of the country before.  As you can see, the weather was wonderful and we stayed in a very posh motel right on the beach here and swam before breakfast which is something we used to do when on holiday as teenagers.


The centre of the beach at sunrise


and in the late afternoon.

The photos of the sunrise at the end of the bay were more dramatic because that is where the sun rose.


And again, the same place (more or less) taken in the late afternoon.