Thursday 26 January 2012

January

January in this part of the country rarely sees any snow. Instead we get an awful lot of rain with the occasional bright day when a walk by the sea or on the moors is a good idea.


I have a couple of 'constitutional' short walks that I do regularly in this area.  Luckily we are on the edge of town and these give satisfy my need for the sights and sounds of the countryside at this time of year.


This morning we had the fiercest hail storm I have seen in the six years we have lived here.  I grabbed my camera and pointed it out the window into the yard


then rushed to the other end of the house and took this shot of it on the shed roof.  I think there are some nice patterns here.


Unfortunately my shots through the glass roof of the conservatory did not really come out.