Sunday 28 February 2010

National Doodle Day

The other day I read something about the 5th March, 2010 being National Doodle Day - in the UK. So I had a look. There are celebrities doodling to help people with epilepsy and neurofibromatosis. Since the very first National Doodle Day in 2004 over £185,000 has been raised to help support the work of two charities, Epilepsy Action and the Neurofibromatosis Association. You can vote for your favourite or you can get involved as well.

I thought I would mention it here, since one of the original blogs Helen set up which led to this one was the Doodle Day Blog.

I was going to wait til 5th March to post this, but then I thought you might like a heads up in case you want to look into it. Info about how individuals can participate here.

Or you can use it for a specific day set aside to do a bit of doodling yourself. I used some of the doodles I did for the Doodle Day blog to help me with design work. Here is a doodle which turned into a study for shape and stitching scales on a dragon tail.