Saturday 6 February 2010

(un)Boring Brown

"(un)Boring Brown" to you? It certainly was to me - I had great fun creating this small quilted piece of work.
My starting point was a photo found doing a search for images of chocolates which I know is an obvious choice of brown this close to 14th Feb. but it was the first thing that I thought of when I saw the idea. I can't post the photo due to copyright but it was a box of beautiful pralines in frilly paper cases.
After various thoughts on how to interpret this I decided it was too boring just manipulating it in GIMP I wanted to create something. Lots of mulling over later (which included rick-rack, yo-yo's, pinking shears etc.) I became very minimalist (especially because my brown fabric stash is virtually non-existing whereas my button collection is huge) so went down the button route and had a great time rummaging.
No chocolates were harmed during this exercise and no calories added either!
Hope you enjoy!