Wednesday 10 February 2010

Not-So-Boring Brown

Brown was once one of my least favorite colors.  It was just so... blah.  And then suddenly, a few years ago, I suddenly found myself slowly developing a liking for it.  I don't know why.  I don't know what sparked it.  Maybe an appreciation for the less "exciting" colors is something that comes with age.  Perhaps it is a sign that I have matured.  

Whatever the reason, I like brown.  It's such a versatile color.  It can be rich and enticing, like chocolate.  Or warm and inviting, like a cup of tea.  It can be sturdy like oak or deep like mahogany.  But brown always makes me think of things that are earthy and natural - trees, fallen leaves, acorns, squirrels...  The bracelet above is an homage to all those things and my ode to (un)boring brown.