Monday 1 February 2010

Exciting Brown

I am so pleased that you have chosen this topic. Yesterday, I felt a little sad for a blog friend who posted that one of her friends had compared the natural colours that she achieved using eco dyes to nicotine stains. Personally, when I see the products of natural dyes, I love them so much that I want to do the same things myself.

The first picture is a piece of silk that a friend sent to me. It has been dyed with chestnut leaves and natural dyes. Next to it is the natural colour of Vicuna, fibre of the gods (collected without cruelty). The first picture inspired me to make the nuno felted scarf in the second picture in honour of the New Year for the Trees (Tu Bishvat) which was on Saturday. Trees and their bark hold so much brown and are amongst the most inspirational things I know of.