Thursday 18 February 2010

B is for Book

 
I've always been intrigued by book binding, and I did some research on various techniques a while ago, but I never got around to actually trying any of them.  At least, until the other day, when I randomly stumbled upon a tutorial for making a notebook out of simple household materials.  I already had everything I needed and this was something I'd always wanted to try, so I decided right then and there to give it a shot.  And this is the end result.  I've prettied it up with some scrapbook paper, so you can't tell, but this book began it's life as a hamburger helper box.  The pages are plain old copier/printer paper cut to size, and the binding is sewn.  I've added a button to the front as both an embellishment and closure - there is a strand of embroidery floss with a bead tied to the end attached to the back cover, which wraps around the button to hold the book closed.  

I think I have a new addiction...